Welcome to Redefining the Breath
Redefining the Breath includes a robust written & video curriculum, as well as 10 hours of recorded Zoom content that expands upon the material.
This course offers practical and accessible information regarding how the breath affects us at a neurological, physiological, and psychological level. It simplifies complex material and makes it digestible for everyone.
About Redefining the Breath
Redefining the Breath focuses heavily on mechanism: why we choose to breathe a certain way and how the breath impacts our state, for example. Understanding the mechanism behind the various breath techniques that you will learn will be as important as the techniques themselves. We need to know how to apply them and under what circumstances.
This course is for teachers, trainers, and practitioners. But it’s also for anyone who has suffered trauma, anxiety, depression or chronic stress. It could also be used to increase performance in competitive sports or recreational activities. It simply offers science-based tools that have been proven to impact neurological state. Basically, this course is for anyone who wants to learn how to control their nervous system and live better in their body and in their mind.
Meet Matt Phippen
With a variety of formal training in many disciplines, Matt’s teaching pulls from numerous styles in the Yoga system, as well as Postural Restoration, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization and Functional Range Systems.
Blending the old with the new, and combining tradition with science, Matt offers an intelligent and relevant style for students wanting to improve the way they move and breathe, and for teachers seeking insight and refinement in the way they teach.
Matt teaches classes, workshops, and trainings online and all around the world.
In Redefining the Breath, you will learn:
- Breath techniques that can shift your neurological state
- Breath mechanics that will improve ventilation of air and perfusion of blood
- Movement mechanics that will improve the way you move and breathe
- Movement/breath patterns that will decrease your risk of injury and help you feel better in your body
- Practical science-based tools that you will be able to incorporate into your teaching, and into your everyday life
- Science-based tools that can alleviate stress, anxiety, depression, and a wide variety of physical and mental obstacles